Why Add A Manager To A FaceBook Business Page?
There may be times you want to give other people permission access to your FaceBook Business Page.
You may assign other people a role in your Facebook page for a number of reasons. Primarily this is to assist you with or outsource a number of functions including:
- Integrating FaceBook with your website
- Manage and Moderate comments
- Curate and add interesting relevant content to the page’s timeline or feed
- Add features, upload a cover image and profile image
- Set up and manage FaceBook Ads
- Track insights, analytics and statistics of the page
FaceBook Business Page Roles
There are a number of different roles (Admin, Editor, Moderator, Advertiser, Analyst). You can assign a role people who are ‘friend’ of the page. You will assign the role depending on the what they are required to manage or the function they need to perform.
In order to assign someone a role or add a manager to a FaceBook Business Page, the person must have a personal profile and need to ‘like’ your page.
How To Add A Manager To A FaceBook Business Page
- Login to FaceBook and go to your business page
- Click the Edit Menu at the top of the page and select “Manage Page Roles”
- This will bring up a screen showing who currently has access to the page
- To add someone, type their facebook name or email address in the empty box and select them from the dropdown that will appear.
- Click’Save, and enter your password.
- The person will be sent an email with a link to accept the role.
To remove someone from a role, click the ‘X’ to the right of their name.
More Information At The FaceBook Help Area
The FaceBook Help Section has a comprehensive section on setting up a business page, how to add a manager to a facebook page and assign various roles, privacy, moderating, insights and a number of other helpful sections of information.